An example of the videos we've created to support and promote the arts
'Pints, Pounds, and Pilgrims'
is the story of an intrepid little American theater company that dared venture to the magical island of Inishbofin off County Galway to perform--- of all things--- an Irish play.
To raise awareness of the valuable contributions to human services and the arts that are being made without sufficient public understanding and support.
Barlieb Wallace Productions is honored and proud to be recognized by Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare with its 2013 Philanthropy Recognition Award for our work over the years in support of the Statewide Adoption and Permanency Network (SWAN).
The Award “demonstrates a charitable contribution that promotes the permanency of children in foster care.”
The Award was presented at the 21st Annual Pennsylvania Permanency Conference hosted by SWAN at the Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center in July.
SWAN is celebrating 34,600 adoptions since it began in 1992. That is 34,600 changes adoptive families and countless permanency professionals have made in the lives of others.
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare
Some examples of the kinds of videos we have produced for human services programming and fundraising in eastern Pennsylvania over the past couple years
Veterans Sanctuary is an awareness video made for fundraising purposes for Treatment Trends Inc. of Allentown, PA.
SafeStart is an initiative that works with involved children from infancy at Community Services for Children
'Welcome to Our Family' describes an innovative child abuse prevention program designed for elementary school students
'When a Child Is Removed from a Parent' was created as a tool for child welfare workers who work with birth parents whose circumstances or behavior has necessitated court-ordered placement of their children.
Project Child's 2014 Fund Raising Video
Who We Are
Barlieb Wallace Productions LTD was formed in 1989.
We produce public awareness presentations for Human Service Organizations
and the Arts to assist in their Awareness, Advocacy and Fundraising Efforts.
A Partial List of our productions and their respective sponsoring agencies includes:
- Where Do We Go From Here? – Homelessness CACLV (shown on PBS)
- The Unkindest Cut – Domestic Violence TURNING POINT (PBS)
- Who Wants to Go Next - Child Abuse CACLV (PBS)
- Can’t Doesn’t Have A Home – Black History in the Lehigh Valley (Allentown Human Relations)
- Bright Start, Bright Future – Early Intervention (LC MH/MR) (PBS)
- To Live in Hope, To Die in Peace – Hospice (PBS)
- Reflections on a Debt Ridden Society – the perils of credit card misuse CACLV (PBS)
- When A Child Is Removed From A Parent – Child protective services (Lehigh County)
- Welcome to Our Family – Child Abuse Prevention (Mock Turtle Marionettes/Lehigh County)
- Re-use, Reduce, Recycle - Composting RODALE
- Know Before You Throw – Recycling CITY OF ALLENTOWN
- Get Ready I – Emergency Preparedness FEMA
- Get Ready II – Get Connected Emergency Preparedness FEMA
- Fever – HIV/Aids awareness ALLENTOWN HEALTH BUREAU
- The 343 – remembering the fire fighters who died in World Trade Center on 9-11 THE 343 PROJECT (in progress)
- The Human Service Report – weekly review of human services outreach in the Greater Lehigh Valley RCN/SERVICE ELECTRIC
- Veterans Sanctuary – PTSD/TBI residential treatment
- Pints, Pounds and Pilgrims – theater on a remote island off the coast of County Connemara, Ireland
- And God Created Footlights – production of a play from auditions to opening night
- Steelbound – dramatization of collapse of steel industry, based on Prometheus Bound TOUCHSTONE (PBS)
We’ve also produced numerous productions for the following non-profit organizations:----
* Community Action Committee of the Lehigh Valley
* Head Start of the Lehigh Valley/CSC
* U.S. Federal Public Defenders
* United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley
* Project Child
* Meals on Wheels of Lehigh County
* PA Shakespeare Festival
* Touchstone Theatre
* Theatre Outlet
* Mock Turtle Marionettes
* Northampton County Human Services
* Lehigh County Human Services
* Colonial Northampton IU 20/RESOLVE
* Girl Scouts - Great Valley Council
* Allentown & Bethlehem Health Bureaus
* American Family Services
* Lehigh Carbon Community College
* NORWESCAP: Early Head Start
* Lehigh Valley Hospital & Health Network
Here's a short video we just did for Lehigh County Office of Children & Youth Services
for their Child Death/Near-Death Review Committee.
It is intended to inform parents of the risk of small children pulling heavy objects down upon themselves.
We are also in the early stages of an ambitious video project on Family Group Decision-Making which will attempt to illustrate the power of family in intervening in almost any personal and social crisis.